TRA10 circumferential piston pumps represent the highest industry standard for sanitary applications and are suitable for all industries.
Using proven pumping principles established for many decades, these pumps are in use around the world and their gentle action on shear-sensitive liquids and slurries with soft solids make them the preferred pump type for food, beverage, dairy, canning, bakery, pharmaceutical processing as well as challenging chemical and industrial applications.
The TRA10 pump series of rotary positive displacement circumferential piston pumps is regarded as the traditional workhorse pump designed for strip-clean (Clean Out of Place) applications. TRA10 models are dimensionally identical, drop-in replacements for the equivalent model within the ubiquitous Waukesha Pump Universal I series but with important enhancements as standard.
TRA10 Pump OPERATING PARAMETERS
Capacity: up to 450 GPM / 102 m³/hr
Pressure: up to 200 PSI / 14 Bar (Model 0450 up to 400 PSI / 27 Bar)
Viscosity: up to 910,000 SSU (200,000 cPs)
Temperature: -40° to 300° F (-40° to 150° C)
The robust design and easy cleanability of the TRA10 make it applicable for all sanitary fluids – below are some examples…
- Dairy: milk, cream, curds, butter, soft cheese, yogurt, butter, margarine, ice cream
- Bakery: yeast, dough, fruit filling, icing, fats and oils
- Meats: sausage filling, fats, broths, gelatins, pet food
- Canned Foods: potato salad, baby food, soups, stews, tomatoes, relishes, pudding, dressings, mayonnaise, jams and jellies
- Beverages: beer, mash, wort, fruit juices, fruit concentrate
- Sweets & Candy: sugars, chocolate, cocoa butter, corn syrup, gelatin
- Flavourings: syrups and concentrates
- Dressings: Mayonnaise and other prepared sauces
- Cosmetics: creams, lotions, jellies, shampoos, emulsions, toothpaste
- Industrial: automotive paints, inks, latex, polymers
- Pump casing is 316 Stainless Steel, interior finished to 3-A standards.
- Rotors are special “Wright 808®” non-galling, nickel-based alloy. Wright Pump manufactures this material in its own foundry for maximum quality control.
- Twin wing rotors are standard, with single wing rotors for large solids optional.
- Parts for Wright and Waukesha pumps
- One-piece 316L stainless steel shafts standard on models 0060, 0150 & 0180. High-strength 17-4 PH shafts standard on models 0300, 0450, 0600, 1300, 2200 & 3200
- Stainless-steel 304 gear case standard on most models.
- Helical timing gears minimize operating noise.
- Seal options include single O-ring seal, single mechanical seal, double O-ring seal with flush, or double mechanical seal with flush.
- Four-way mounting allows horizontal or vertical porting and provides mounting flexibility.